Wednesday, July 28, 2010

PDA and Stuck up gay bitches at Bardo

While I was in Beirut I decided to go out with some fellow gay friends. I met up with them at Obros on Rue Clemenceau in Hamra. Last time I was in Beirut was 2005 so I was shocked to find my friends (and their boyfriends) involved in PDA (Public Display of Affection). Mind you, Obros doesn't face the street so it's easier to be naughty. However, just five years ago, the gays were more discrete. Of course the Lebanese version of PDA is pretty tame compared to what I've seen and encounter at gay clubs in the US but who knows? Maybe in another five years you'll see a dude giving another dude a hand job! Yay!

Anyway, never go to Obros. This place is populated by annoying Franco-phony Lebs who speak bad Arabic. However, if you are a one of these types, you probably will enjoy this place. I pray for your soul.

Afterwards, I ditched my friends and headed over to this bar my friends told me about, called Bardo, also in Hamra. It opened after my last trip in Beirut, so it was new to me.

I've never seen so many stuck-up queens in my entire life. This bar was filled with "I'm too sexy for my shirt" type gay Lebos. It was worse than any gay bar I've been to in the States. At least in NYC for example, everyone is either too drunk/high out of their minds or having too much fun to even notice you walking in. Bardo had waay too many brooding, beefed up, "I'm trying too hard to be masculine" types for my taste.

However, my Palestinian friend would have loved this place (and the men in it) and would have tried to plop his ass on the cutest guy's dick before the end of the night.

Bardo was annoying and the music was too loud. At least the drinks were nice and stiff. I got bored and left. I walked around Hamra, lost and drunk out of my mind. Of course some ghetto Lebo boys decided to hit on me and I told them to fuck off ("kess emek").

A good gin and tonic makes any night better.

No comments: